How to Protect Furniture When Moving
When you are preparing for a move there is a lot to consider. One of the most important is How to Protect Furniture When Moving. For some helpful tips, read on!
- Wrap furniture legs on tables and chairs in something soft like towels, cloth, or old socks. This helps reduce chances of damage if the legs hit against the walls or floor during the move.
- When you have to move fragile items, use something soft to wrap them up before placing them in the box. Make sure your family and the movers know not to just throw towels they find in the boxes on the floor- because they might be holding something precious and fragile. This is a great way to begin addressing the question of How to Protect Furniture When Moving
- Wrap the furniture itself well to protect it from damage during the move. Many families wonder how to protect furniture when moving, and even the larger pieces that cannot be boxed up needs some protection during the move.
- Bubble wrap can be a life saver and can be used on fragile items like plates and glasses but can also offer an added buffer for other items like furniture legs and other items that might get banged up easily.
- For items that can be bulky and cumbersome and that do not fit in boxes- brooms, lamp stands, rakes, – tie them and tape them up together in stacks so they stay together easier and are easier to move. Make sure any sharp ends are wrapped too!
- Anything that has a sharp end that can scratch something else needs to be padded and wrapped. This will protect not just the rest of your furniture but also the walls and floors of your new home. It is also a popular solution to the question How to Protect Furniture When Moving.
- If you have a lot of tiny parts like bolts and screws, wrap them in bubble wrap or place them in a ziplock bag. Then you can tie or tape the small pieces to your furniture so they are easy to find when the time comes to reassemble everything.
- A final point to keep in mind is that you have to ensure everything is packed and secured in the truck. The best packed box might not survive the trip if it slides off a stack of boxes can crashes to the floor of the truck. Pack things as well as you can and use ties to secure boxes and furniture.
One of the most important questions families ask when they prepare for a move is How to Protect Furniture When Moving. This may seem like a daunting task but it can be a lot easier and a lot less stressful if you keep these great packing tips in mind when it comes to determining How to Protect Furniture When Moving to your new dream home